Friday 19 February 2010

It's the little things...

Sometimes children blindside you, unexpectedly and at exactly the right moment, with just how wonderful they truly are.  After an extremely hectic morning, I was rushing around trying to get my chores done and, to my shame, ignoring the children, frequently shooing them from my path.

A little while later, my baby James (who is, of course, now a very grown-up three years old) wandered up to me and presented me with a bunch of flowers he'd built out of K'nex. Well I was floored.  What a lovely gesture from one so young, and what a special reminder to, as they say, "stop and smell the flowers".  In fact, I've put them in an old jam jar, on the mantelpiece, to remind me not to get so frantic about things that, ultimately, don't really matter - especially if it means ignoring the things that really are important!

Cath xx

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails