Tuesday 13 May 2008

Chickening Out

I'm hardly doing any cooking at the moment. It's so gorgeous outside that I just want to be out in the garden; reading, playing with the children and tending my plants. The most I seem to do lately is (lazily) stir a bowl of Tzatziki or Minted Yoghurt together to dip torn pieces of pitta bread, or potato wedges, into. I did, however, manage to sling some chicken fillets into a marinade, for tonight's dinner, this morning.
Herbed Chicken in Lemon
I used a couple of handfuls of herbs; parsley, chives, rosemary and a few bay leaves. Some thyme would be nice, too, but mine seems to have died. Pants.
4 chicken fillets
fresh herbs (and see above), very finely chopped
juice of 2 lemons
1 tbsp whole black peppercorns, crushed
4 tbsp olive oil
Stir together the marinade ingredients in a large, shallow, ovenproof dish. Turn the chicken in the marinade, coating it well with the herbs, the cover the dish and refrigerate for as long as you can, up to 12 hours. Bake the chicken at 200°c for 15 minutes or so, then slice and serve.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails