Saturday 30 June 2007

Honkin' Salad

Not a very flattering name, is it? But this is how my beloved husband refers to my blue cheese salad. I admit it is rather, shall we say, pungent. Unsurprisingly, since it contains, among other things, strong blue cheese and raw onion. Never let it be said that I don’t like strong flavours – it’s just best that I enjoy them when Karl’s not around. Lovely turn of phrase he’s got though, don’t you think? Ummm, no. This is a Saturday night regular for me, though I vary the cheese and other ingredients according to my mood (and the contents of the fridge). Always with the raw onion though, so no kissing for me tonight!

Blue Cheese Salad

salad leaves
radishes
cucumber
celery
green pepper
carrot
sweetcorn kernels

red onion
blue cheese, crumbled
olive oil, to dress


Chop, dice or grate the vegetables as you see fit. Crumble the cheese. Put everything into a bowl and toss with a little olive oil to dress the salad. Serve with some crusty bread.

I have to confess a weird passion for ‘Bacos’ those odd little bacon-flavour soya chips for salad. They claim to be suitable for vegetarians, though I can’t imagine a vegetarian with any level of self-respect wanting to eat bacon-flavour anything, even if it’s never been anywhere near even so much as a picture of a pig. Still, I put some in my salad tonight, and very nice they were too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails